Our society is totally cool with throwing around euphenisms and random slang words for vagina. Too often we teach our kids cute terminology that only works to reinforce the vagina as some inappropriate thing that shouldn't be talked about, as opposed to what is, at best, an awesome piece of anatomy that evolves and changes with its owner.
We also need to empower folks with vaginas by spreading the word that vaginas and vulvas aren’t supposed to be or look one certain way. They’re as different as fingerprints — we all have a unique one. Which is why, we’re bringing you a special little activity to appreciate all the gorgeous vulvas out there: Vulva Cookie Decorating Tutorial
We partnered with Bake Shoppe to bring you a recipe and decorating tips that are far from your average chocolate-chip cookie. Read on for the complete recipe.
Before You Begin
The tutorial will require that you have the following items:
- A stand mixer or hand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons OR a kitchen scale
- Piping bags or plastic sandwich bags
- Piping tips (circle or petal/leaf tips)
Recipes makes approximately 2 dozen cut sugar cookies.
500 grams (3 cups) All-Purpose Flour
1/2 pound of butter (1 cup) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
400 grams (1 ½ cups + 3 tbsps) white granulated sugar
½ teaspoon Salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325° F
2. Line a baking pan with parchment and set aside
3. Combine flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl using a whisk.
4. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine butter and sugar in bowl with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined. Scrape down the bowl well.
5. Whisk eggs and add them slowly into butter/sugar mixture until combined.
6. Scrape bowl and add all the dry ingredients at once. Mix on low until combined.
7. Dump out onto the counter top, kneed lightly a few times and wrap in saran.
8. Store the wrapped dough in the fridge for 15-20 minutes before rolling out
*See tutorial videos on Lunette's IGTV for further directions on rolling out and cutting the cookies
9. Bake cut cookie shapes in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes, rotating the pan at the halfway point. Cookies should be lightly browned around the edges
10. Allow to cool slightly before decorating
Bake Shoppe TO Royal Icing
Recipe should produce enough royal icing to flood & decorate 2 dozen cookies
500 grams (3 cups) Icing Sugar
40 grams (5 level Tablespoons) Meringue Powder
1/8 cup – 1/4 cup water
1. Combine ingredients in medium mixing bowl with paddle attachment.
2. Mix for 10 minutes on the lowest speed.
3. Icing should be smooth (without any granules) and thick in consistency
4. Separate thicker consistency into 3-5 small bowls (to add colour) and cover bowls with saran or damp paper towel